Hostels are the perfect places for Backpackers, Solo Travelers, Budget Travelers, Party Animals or anyone who is willing to socialize and make friends globally. Bangkok has a long list of amazing Hostels and to find the best ones is nothing short of a challenge. I have completed this challenge for you. This post categorizes these hostels depending upon the need and requirements that different people have and lists the best hostels in Bangkok in each category.
|Type of Hostel||Best For|
|Party Hostels||Party Animals: Solo-Travelers/ Couples/ Groups|
|Non-Party Hostels||Travelers looking for peace away from the parties.|
|Hostels for Offbeat Experience||Travelers looking for offbeat experiences.|
Top 3 Party Hostels in Bangkok
- Just off the Khao San Road.
- Has a bar & a restaurant.
- Probably the only party hostel with a swimming pool in Bangkok.
- There’s always something going on at party hostels.
- Legendary pool parties on Saturdays, Pub Crawls on Wednesday and Sundays, limbo, karaoke nights, etc, etc.
- Bodega has two hostels now in Bangkok; one in Sukumvit, walking distance from Soi Cowboy and BTS Asok and another near Khao San Road that has opened in Dec’19 only.
- Beer games everyday, Pub Crawls on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. Bike Tours, walking tours, etc, etc.
- Bodega Khao San also has a swimming pool.
- This is probably the most wild hostels in Bangkok, mainly because of the Jenga dares that they have. Naked runs happen every single day here.
- Comparatively cheaper than other hostels.
- In Sukumvit, close to BTS Nana and Nana Plaza.
- Similar to Bodega yet more costlier than Bodega.
Top 3 Non-Party Hostels in Bangkok
1. Jam Hostel Bangkok : Great for off-beat experiences.
- Outstanding Location: Close to Khao San Road, Chao Phraya river pier, airport shuttle bus station, Grand Palace, Wat Pho, and many more royal temples and museums.
- Free self-service breakfast.
- Fully equipped kitchen in the common area and a Rooftop bar.
- Laundry room with washing machines and dryers.
- Activities: Meditation at Wat Arun and cultural exchange with the kids from slum areas on every Monday. Wake boarding on every Wednesday, other free tours in the city.
2. The Yard Hostel Bangkok: A Eco-Hostel with a garden.
- An Eco-Hostel using a lot of recycled items and a big-green yard space.
- Good-vibes in a green ambiance. Great to relax in a peaceful environment.
- Close to BTS Station Ari.
- Free Bicycle
- Free luggage storage up to 2 months.
- Free self-service breakfast.
- Free Cooking Class every Monday, Free BBQ party every Friday.
- Close to DMK Airport, Chatuchak Weekend Market, Night Train Market, 10 minutes walking distance from Suthisan MRT station.
- Located in the central shopping area of Bangkok close to National stadium station (BTS Skytrain), Siam Paragon, Siam Square, MBK Mall and Central World.
- Limited Reception Service Hours: 08.00am – 08.00pm.
- Small Pantry – Microwave and utensils, coin operated washing machine and dryer.
- Free Luggage Storage up to 1 month.
- Free Parking Lot
Top 3 Hostels for an Offbeat Experience in Bangkok
- Vintage decor and styling.
- Outstanding Location: Close to the Grand Palace and Wat Pho and is surrounded by several temples and restaurants, ten minutes walk from the lively Khao San Road.
- True Cultural experience: Perfect place for travellers who love culture. Night-time food street in front of the hostel.
- Free Breakfast & Padlocks.
2. Hom Hostel & Cooking Club: Excellent Place for foodies.
- Located near Nana Square in Sukumwit, very close to BTS(Skytrain) Nana.
- Full time open common kitchen for the guests and a rooftop Garden.
- Thai cooking workshop or Chef’s table.
- Thai food court & a Night Bazaar in the same building. So, cheap Thai food available till midnight in the same building.
3. One Day Hostel Sukumvit 26: Hostel with a co-working space.
- Not a social hostel but a peaceful one with good interiors.
- Special hostel and coworking space.
- Walking distance from BTS Phrom Phong station, Ekamai Bus terminal is only two stops away by sky train.
Did this post helped you in finding the Best Hostels in Bangkok? If yes, pin it to your pinterest board and share it with others. Join Our Community ! Subscribe to our Newsletter so you won’t miss a post. Don’t worry, we will never spam you.
Also, please do check out my Instagram – click here and get real time updates of my travels. Thanks! 🙂