Hotels are an important part of the experience on a holiday. A bad choice may sour the mood and a good one can enhance the experience 2x. Goa has thousands of properties located around different beaches and each beach has got a different vibe to it, picking the best hotel can be a bit of a task. Well, this post will sort it out for you.This is your Ultimate Goa Hotel Guide. This post lists only the hotels and not hostels.
- Best Hostels in Goa
- Things to do in Goa and More – Goa Travel Guide
- Goa Beach Guide: Best Beaches in Goa
Where to Stay in Goa
The first step in finding the best suited hotel is to pick the area where you want to stay; in North Goa or in South Goa. South Goa is more peaceful having a little of everything- activities, nightlife but the real action happens in the North which has a lot of tourist attractions, most popular beaches and clubs. And hence, North Goa has more options in accommodation than the south which a also comparatively cheaper.
After deciding between North and South Goa, you got to pick the area and the beach as per your interests and needs. The table below will help you pick the ideal area for you.
Areas in North Goa
|Baga and Calangute||Anyone who loves the crowd. They are full of options in dining and hotels. Baga has an array of night clubs in it.|
|Anjuna, Vagator and Arambol||Friends, Solo-travelers, Backpackers. Arambol is a hippy heaven and Vagator has the highest number of backpacker hostels.|
|Candolim & Sinquerim||Couples and Friends. They are popular especially among foreigners and much less crowded than Baga and Calangute. Island tours are also available from here.|
|Morjim, Mandrem and Ashwem||Solitude Seekers. These are the quieter beaches in North Goa with limited options in accommodation and dining.|
|Panaji||History Buffs and city-life lovers.|
Areas in South Goa
|Palolem||Everyone who seek peace with decent crowd.|
|Colva||Families and Couples. To enjoy a mix of the north and the south. It is the busiest beach in South Goa, has many restaurants and bars but no clubs.|
|Arrosim to Cavelossim||Luxury Seekers|
|Agonda||Solitude Seekers. The beach is empty most of the time.|
Best Hotels in North Goa
The hotels listed here are the one’s that provide the best facilities and service and have a high customer rating. You can simply close your eyes and book any of them and we assure you will have a god time.
Best Budget Hotels In Baga (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- Keys Select Ronil Resort : 5 min walk to Baga beach, 2 min to Tito’s lane, has a swimming pool and the food is delicious.
- Coastal Stays Baga: 200m to the beach, good hospitality.
Best Mid-range Hotels In Baga (under ₹5k / $72):
- The Baga Beach Resort: Cottage styled rooms, awesome ambiance, has a swimming pool, good service, good breakfast, very close to the Baga beach.
- The Sea Horse Resort: Walking distance to baga beach, the rooms have a great view, has a swimming pool, great hospitality, mouth watering food.
Best Luxury Hotels in Baga (under ₹10k / $150):
- Acron Waterfront Resort-Member ITC Hotel Group: Just next to the beach, great food and service, clean and spacious rooms, excellent hospitality.
- The Park Baga River Goa: Outstanding service, nice and clean rooms and delicious food.
Best Budget Hotels In Calangute (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- Hotel Calangute Central: Very close to the beach, good food, good service and amenities.
- Castle House Calangute: Walking distance from the beach, good service, has a swimming pool ,rooms are spacious.
Best Mid-range Hotels In Calangute (under ₹5k / $72):
- Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort : Cottage like rooms, excellent location and service with all facilities.
- Resort Terra Paraiso – A Beach Property : Just 2 minutes away from Calangute beach, has two swimming pools, a bar and a restaurant.
Best Luxury Hotels In Calangute (under ₹10k / $150):
- ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort: Excellent location, great service with all facilities including a gym and a swimming pool and the food is delicious too.
- Le Meridien Goa, Calangute: Excellent location, great service and delicious food.
Best Budget Hotels In Anjuna (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- Ginger Tree Boutique Resorts: Villa-styled property, has a garden and a swimming pool, peaceful location, a bit off from the main road.
- Hotel Regent Laguna: Prime location close to famous restaurants and the beach, has a swimming pool and provides good service.
Best Mid-range Hotels In Anjuna (under ₹5k / $72):
- The Fern Spazio Leisure Resort: Excellent location, courteous staff, has a pool and all other basic amenities.
- The Ivy Anjuna: Close to the beach, good ambiance, has a pool and all basic facilities.
Best Luxury Hotels In Anjuna (under ₹10k / $150):
- Casa Anjuna-Boutique Resort: A heritage property with ample greenry and gardens, good service but has limitations with time on food, etc. Great if you are looking for a natural vibe compromising with the exceptional service of 5-star hotels.
- Shalai – The Cliff Resort: Located on a cliff and hence, gives amazing views of Little Vagator, excellent service, has a very peaceful, relaxed vibe, though a bit expensive.
Best Budget Hotel in Vagator (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- Treehouse Sonnet – A Boutique Hotel: Good ambiance, amazing ambiance and great service.
Best Mid-Range Hotel in Vagator (under ₹5k / $72):
- I Love Bell Bottoms Goa: Amazing ambiance, guitar shaped pool distinguishes this hotel from others.Has all other basic amenities.
Best Luxury Hotels in Vagator:
- Ozran Heights Beach Resort: (under ₹10k / $150) Outstanding in all aspects with amazing views.
- W Goa: (under ₹20k / $300) Top class service and amenities among luxury hotels in Goa.
Arambol is a backpacker area having many hostels, there are some good hotels in this area but the options are limited especially for luxury accommodation.
Best Budget Hotel in Arambol (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- If you want budget rooms in Arambol, the best would be offered by the hostels but if you want more privacy, Swati Hotel is a good option.
Best Mid-Range Hotel in Arambol (under ₹5k / $72):
- Samaayaa: Very close to the beach, cottage type property, amazing design and positive vibes, very clean and comfortable as well.
Best Luxury Hotel in Arambol (under ₹10k / $150):
- Capital O Premium Map5 Village Resort: Very close to the beach, has a pool and provides good service.
Best Budget Hotels in Candolim (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- AMOR BEACH RESORT: Just beside the beach, spacious rooms, swimming pool, delicious food, great value for money.
- Alor Grande Holiday Resort: Close to the beach, all basic facilities with swimming pool at an exceptional price.
Best Mid-Range Hotel in Candolim (under ₹5k / $72):
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Candolim Goa: Very close to Candolim beach, built in Portuguese style, has all amenities and provides great service, options in buffet are limited though.
Best Luxury Hotel in Candolim (under ₹10k / $150):
- Novotel Goa Resort & Spa: Exceptional in entire Goa. 5-6 minutes walk to the beach, exceptional service, facilities and delicious food.
Best Budget Hotel In Morjim (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- Wenzet Cottages: Cottage type rooms, has a pool and all basic amenities.
Best Mid-Range Hotel In Morjim (under ₹5k / $72):
- SinQ Beach Morjim: Excellent location, service and amenities. Located right on the beach.
Best Luxury Hotel In Morjim (under ₹10k / $150):
- SPAN SUITES AND VILLAS: Goood ambiance, food quality and hospitality. Located away from the hustle bustle of cities, across a river, Morjim beach and Ashwem beach are 10-12 mins drive from here.
Best Budget Hotel in Panjim (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- Casa Tropicana – Villa Tidina: Rooms available with a sea view, decent service, serene ambiance, has a swimming pool.
Best Mid-Range Hotel in Panjim (under ₹5k / $72):
- Mateus Boutique Hotel: Portuguese style building, has a vintage vibe to it, you can expect a comfortable stay.
Best Luxury Hotel in Panjim (under ₹10k / $150):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Goa – Panaji: Top notch 5-star facilities and service.
Best Hotels in South Goa
Best Budget Hotel In Colva (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- Amigo Plaza: Located close to the beach, spacious rooms, provides all basic facilities along with a swimming pool at a low price.
Best Mid-Range Hotel In Colva (under ₹5k / $72):
- Treehouse Nova : Located close to the beach, provides all basic facilities with a good service and food is good as well.
Best Luxury Hotel In Colva (under ₹10k / $150):
- Kenilworth Resort & Spa: The resort offers all facilities with highest standards.
Best Budget Hotel In Palolem (under ₹2.5k/ $36):
- Castle House Palolem: Close to Palolem and Patenam Beach, Peaceful and quiet environment, has a tiny pool, average amenities and delicious food.
Best Mid-Range Hotel In Palolem (under ₹5k / $72):
- Cuba Patnem: Located a few steps off Patnem Beach in a peaceful environment, excellent service and good food.
Best Luxury Hotel In Paolem (under ₹10k / $150):
- The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort: Have its own private beach and a mini golf course, top notch 5- star service and amenities, I’ll remind you again, this is south Goa’s luxury hotel, come here for a peaceful holiday not for clubbing.
I hope I’ve found the right hotel for you. If you have any suggestions or questions drop them in the comment box below. 🙂
Disclosure: Links in the above post are affiliate links. When you buy any product through my affiliate link (not necessarily from the above products), I earn a little commission that helps me in travelling and in running this blog. Please note that you don’t have to pay any additional cost if you are buying through my affiliate links. Thank You.