Choosing where to stay in Bangkok, could become a bit overwhelming with so many areas and so many options in each area.
Do not scratch your head, we have it all sorted for you. Depending upon your personality and interests we have chosen the best areas for you and have listed the best hotels in that area in this post. This is your Ultimate Bangkok Hotel Guide.
This post will list only hotels and poshtels (upscale/ high-end hostels) and not hostels, for hostels read this Best Hostels in Bangkok
- The Gist- The Best Area for You
- 1. Khaosan Area
- 2. Sukumwit Area
- 3. Pratunam Area
- 4. Bangkok Riverside
- 5. Silom Area
- 6. Siam Area
The Gist- The Best Area for You
|1. Khaosan Area||Backpackers and Party Lovers|
|2. Sukumvit Area||Adult Nightlife & Party Lovers and Shoppers|
|3. Pratunam||Couples and Families|
|4. Bangkok Riverside||Luxury and Resort Style Vacation Seekers|
|5. Silom Area||Business tourists, Couples and Families, Adult Nightlife Seekers|
|6. Siam Area||Mall Shoppers and Families|
- Thailand Travel Guide: Things to do in Thailand & More
- How to get Cheap Hotels & Free Stays
- Best Hotels in Patong, Phuket (2019)
Pro-Tip: The following hotels have been linked to sites with lowest prices. Although prices are dynamic and keep on changing. So, before booking do check the prices on Agoda/ MMT/ Hostelworld and others to find the cheapest deal.
1. Khaosan Area
- Khaosan is the best Place to Party in Bangkok.
- Popular with Budget Backpackers.
- Cheap Thai Street food and local markets.
- Close to Grand Palace and the major Temples.
- Well connected with River ferries.
- No MRT or Skytrain station. So, public transport will not be as convenient as in other areas.
- Less number of luxury hotels in this area.
Top 3 Ultra-Cheap Hotels in Khaosan Area (under 1.5k / $22)
Top 3 Budget Hotels in Khaosan Area (under ₹2.5k/ $36)
Top 3 Mid-Range Hotels in Khaosan Area (under ₹5k / $72)
Top 3 Luxury Hotels in Khaosan Area (under ₹10k / $150)
2. Sukumwit Area
- Well Connected area, has MRT and Skytrain Stations.
- Modern Supermarkets, Big Malls for shopping.
- Many dining options for all cusines, many Indian restaurants. For Indian food: A must try restaurant: Dosa King, Must-avoid restaurant- Indian Chef.
- Has a number of bars, clubs, restaurants. Has red-light districts of Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza and other adult complexes.
- A little distant from the traditional tourist attractions but well connected with them.
- Clubbing scene is very limited compared to Khao San road.
Top 3 Ultra-Cheap Hotels in Sukumwit Area (under 1.5k / $22)
- Krongthong Mansion & Hotel
- Private bedroom with garden view, Sukhumvit 101/1 agoda
- Studio Residence Sukhumvit 71
Top 3 Budget Hotels in Sukumwit Area (under ₹2.5k / $36)
Top 3 Mid-Range Hotels in Sukumwit Area (under ₹5k / $72)
Top 5 Luxury Hotels in Sukumwit Area (under ₹10k / $150)
We are listing 5 options here, as there are so many good options and it was really tough to pick top 3. First two options are more premium hotels with big brand names and the rest three are more-economical ones.
- Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit Hotel
- Volve Hotel Bangkok
- The Key Premier Sukhumvit Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
3. Pratunam Area
- A shopping heaven for bargainers.
- Authentic Thai street food.
- Has many budget Indian eateries.
- Heavily Crowded and hence, heavy traffic.
Top 3 Budget Hotels in Pratunam Area (under ₹2.5k/ $36)
Top 3 Mid-Range Hotels in Pratunam Area (under ₹5k/ $72)
Top 3 Luxury Hotels in Pratunam Area (under ₹10k/ $150)
4. Bangkok Riverside
- Beautiful scenic beauty especially in night with glittering Temples and Grand Palace.
- Close to the Grand Palace and the major temples.
- Good connectivity through ferries.
- Will give a close view into People’s daily life and Thai Culture.
- Many luxury 5-star hotels located on Bangkok Riverside.
- Limited Nightlife but not far from the nightlife centers like Khaosan.
- Limited MRT or Skytrain options.
Top 3 Mid-Range Hotels in Riverside Area (under ₹5k / $72)
Top 5 Luxury Hotels in Riverside Area (under ₹10k / $150)
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
- Lebua at State Tower
- Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Bangkok
- Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
5. Silom Area
- Bangkok´s business district.
- Bangkok´s most beautiful green park Lumphini Park.
- Excellent restaurants, authentic Thai food.
- Well connected by Skytrain and MRT.
- Patpong Night market and Red Light District.
- Heavy Traffic at Peak hours
- Area has a Red Light District
Top 3 Budget Hotels in Silom Area (under ₹2.5k/ $36)
Top 3 Mid-Range Hotels in Silom Area (under ₹5k/ $72)
Top 3 Luxury Hotels in Silom Area (under ₹10k/ $150)
6. Siam Area
- Hub of Shopping Malls in Bangkok.
- Well connected by Skytrain and MRT.
- Limited Nightlife
Top 3 Budget Hotels in Siam Area (under ₹2.5k/ $36)
Top 3 Mid-Range Hotels in Siam Area (under ₹5k/ $72)
Top 3 Luxury Hotels in Siam Area (under ₹10k/ $150)
- VIE Hotel Bangkok – MGallery
- Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
- Centara Grand at Central World Hotel
Happy Travelling !!
sagarpatelblogger · August 3, 2019 at 10:41 pm
I guess I won’t need to scratch my head for real now. Bookmarked this page**
Abhinav Goel · August 3, 2019 at 10:50 pm
Thanks a lot Brother.
Alan Maria · October 11, 2019 at 12:05 am
List of hotels mentioned are one of the very best ones. I also stayed once in one of the hotel mentioned above